The Project Support Associate is responsible for day-to-day coordination of project or routine operational activities. He/she acts as the glue between all other stakeholders and team members ensuring smooth and timely operation and completion of project and program activities. He is responsible for organizing and disseminating relevant information, providing logistic support, resolving conflicts, monitoring and ensuring compliance.
In this role, the candidate is expected to effectively manage projects, activities and initiatives with a view to drive efficiencies and reduce time to deliver desired results, with a focus on maintaining the highest quality standards.
This position provides an opportunity to strengthen your project management skills and experience while providing essential coordination and support to project staff.
- Creating project implementation plans (schedule, budget, and human resource plans) for fulfilling the goals & objectives of assigned company projects.
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Keeping minutes of project meetings and distribute to all project team members.
- Preparing and handling series of necessary documentations including reports and plans.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Developing project strategies.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assessing project risks and issues and recommending solutions where applicable.
- Ensuring stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
The ideal candidate must possess strong leadership, communication and people skills. He/she must be self-driven, disciplined and able to build as well as motivate teams. He/She must also be resourceful and well able to manage resources, with a devotion to meeting timelines. Other competencies required include:
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to write reports in standard formats.
- Ability to identify, map and manage stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership and influence people.
- Ability to build strong relationships and networks.
- Excel at analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Able to align with and ensure project management best practices.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate processes with attention to quality assurance.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Ability to use project management software (e.g. MS Project) is a plus.
The Project Support Associate can grow into any of the following roles:
- Project Manager
- Programme manager
- Portfolio manager
- Operations Lead
- Management consultant
About the JobTrac Placement Program
Employers out there have Jobs that they can’t fill, because they find it difficult to reach qualified candidates, yet there are lots of qualified people like you out there who do not know how to connect to these employers.
The JobTrac placement program solves this problem - we work hard to discover qualified young people and connect those with verified competency to readily available Jobs.Â If you have the competency required for this role, go on and apply. We will connect you to a job.