Business analysts solve problems for organizations. They possess the capabilities needed to identify and clarify business challenges and work with relevant stakeholders to craft effective solutions to complex business challenges. The business analyst captures all the pains, complaints, requests, dreams, thoughts and talk of his stakeholders and facilitates its conversion into coherent and viable business needs, goals or defined problems. Then they collect stakeholder requirements, analyse requirements and alternatives and come up with feasible & viable solutions, sometimes, converting these recommendations into practical implementation plans that outline core steps to take to. In the process of doing this, they will be conducting surveys, creating concept notes, proposals and presentations, doing research and creating reports, and other related activities.
We are looking for a junior business analyst that will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Build business cases for project ideas to support “proceed” or “wait” decision making.
- Engage stakeholders to comprehensively elicit their requirements/position on a matter and document them in a clear and structured manner.
- Flesh out an idea into a comprehensive concept proposal
- Conduct research on assigned subject matter, interpret and evaluate research data and come up with fact-based report that would inform decision-making.
- Analyze raw data and present them as charts, graphs or well formatted tables
- Gather important company data and compile it into digestible reports that shareholders and departmental managers can use.
- Write informative and well-researched articles on technical subjects that could be published to the organization’s blog or social media pages
- Creating presentations and writing speeches for the CEO
- Comprehensively document brainstorming sessions
- Create business reports, proposals, communication brochures and training manuals
- Study current operational practices of the business and recommend areas for improvement
The ideal candidate must be responsive and possess strong interpersonal skills required for teamwork. He/she must be hardworking, self-motivated and disciplined team player who is able to complete routine daily tasks every day and meet set deadlines. Other competencies required include:
- Ability to create a report, write a business letter, create a business proposal, create forms & information templates
- Ability to search for, and identify frameworks to analyse and interpret a situation or issue
- Ability to study and apply frameworks to analyse and interpret a situation or issue
- Ability to research, gather and analyse data around a subject
- Ability to use MS Excel to analyze a data set and present information in tables & charts
- Ability to build, document and present a solution concept
- Ability to build a business model canvas around a potential business idea or project and decipher the business model of an existing business
- Ability to create a presentation using Microsoft Power Point
- Ability to create and document an implementation plan for a defined course of action
- Ability to Identify opportunities for improvement in business operations and processes
- Ability to Map out a business process
- Ability to identify and engage with stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand their problems and needs
This is a great role to enable you start out a career in any of several paths of your choice as it will give you a good platform to learn, build confidence and test out your skills in a live environment. Career Paths you can specialize in include:
- Operations managers,
- Management consultant
- Data Analyst
- Software Architect
- Technical Assistants
- Subject Matter Expert consultants
About the JobTrac Placement Program
Employers out there have Jobs that they can’t fill, because they find it difficult to reach qualified candidates, yet there are lots of qualified people like you out there who do not know how to connect to these employers.
The JobTrac placement program solves this problem. We work hard to discover qualified young people and connect those with verified competency to readily available Jobs. If you have the competency required for this role, go on and apply. We will connect you to a job.