Digital channels and tools have become inevitable resources for any business that wants to survive today.
Our corporate partners are looking for young talent that are knowledgeable, skilled, and capable of building/setting up and managing relevant digital foundations (website, social media presence, brand designs, basic software tools) for the business, as well as discovering, designing and implementing low cost technology-driven productivity solutions and tools that will boost the capability, efficiency and effectiveness of the business.
- Building/redesigning the organization’s content management system website from scratch (using wordpress) - with relevant functionality.
- Updating and uploading website content on a regular basis.
- Setting up, positioning and managing the organization’s social media presence (across all relevant social media platforms).
- Troubleshooting issues related to the organization’s digital platforms and proffering solutions.
- Managing the organization’s digital assets.
- Creating relevant and brand-aligned multimedia content (videos, pictures, graphic designs etc) for distribution across all company’s digital channels.
- Optimizing the organization’s online content for easy visibility.
- General administrative support such as data-entry, transcribing and extracting text from PDF.
- Introducing and promoting the adoption of productivity tools in the organization.
- Giving technical support in setting up webinars and digital trainings as the need arises.
- Providing technology support in the creation and delivery of presentations.
The ideal candidate must be responsive and possess strong interpersonal skills required for teamwork. He/she must be hardworking, self-motivated and disciplined team player who is able to complete routine daily tasks every day and meet set deadlines. Other competencies required include:
- Ability to create/modify a word press template to create a basic website.
- Ability to compile and present web analytics and reports.
- Ability to use graphics software to manipulate an image or put different components together in one image to create aesthetically appealing flyers and posters.
- Ability to write compelling short and long copy to promote an organization across multiple channels.
- Ability to investigate, conceptualize and deploy creative social media engagement strategies.
- Ability to create a social media calendar and budget based on a social media strategy.
- Ability to monitor, interpret and report on relevant social media metrics.
- Ability to monitor & report on social media trends and brand related conversations across the internet.
- Ability to identify relevant search engine keywords and write search engine optimized marketing content.
- Ability to identify, setup and customize relevant online collaboration and productivity tools (e.g Zoom, Trello and Slack) to boost company productivity.
- Ability to install and troubleshoot windows and mac operating systems and software (including antivirus software).
- Ability to perform basic system maintenance including virus scans, troubleshoot virus and malware attacks.
This is a great role to enable you start out a career in any of several paths of your choice as it will give you a good platform to learn, build confidence and test out your skills in a live environment. Career Paths you can specialize in include:
- Full Stack Web Developer
- Digital Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Software Architect
- IT Product Manager
About the JobTrac Placement Program
Employers out there have Jobs that they can’t fill, because they find it difficult to reach qualified candidates, yet there are lots of qualified people like you out there who do not know how to connect to these employers.
The JobTrac placement program solves this problem - we work hard to discover qualified young people and connects those with verified competency to readily available Jobs. If you have the competency required for this role, go on and apply. We will connect you to a job