The most suited person for this role should be able to handle basic accounting tasks such as financial records, accounts classifications, forecasting and controls. The ideal candidate must also exhibit a high degree of conscientiousness, be responsive and possess strong interpersonal skills required for teamwork. He/she must be hardworking, self-motivated and disciplined team player who is able to complete routine daily tasks every day and meet set deadlines. A working knowledge of Accounting Standards and Statutory Regulations (e.g IFRSs, Pension Reform Act, Taxations) is important for this role.
- Set up the financial reporting framework for the company, including account coding, account classification and Control process flow - with all items of income, expenditure, assets and liabilities correctly codified and assigned to pools.
- Financial data compilation, preparation and analysis for both management and Statutory reporting purposes, ensuring recognition and measurement comply with the applicable Accounting Standards and Framework
- Compiling summaries of wages and salaries, employment taxes, and all deductions and allowances as defined in employment letters.
- Computation, Filing and Rendition of all Payroll related Statutory obligations such as PAYE, Pension, NHF, Life Assurance Premium etc.
- Daily financial controls such as invoice/receipts verification, bank statements, inventory valuation, bills confirmation, assets verifications and 3rdparty confirmations (receivables and payables).
- Forecast project resource needs (income, recurrent expenditure and assets).
- Analysing variances and trends.
- Providing support to management on corporate reporting
- Assisting with management controls and external auditing and assurance.
The ideal candidate must be responsive and possess strong interpersonal skills required for teamwork. He/she must be hardworking, self-motivated and disciplined team player who is able to complete routine daily tasks every day and meet set deadlines. Other competencies required include:
- Ability to Prepare an Account Chart & Manual
- Ability to Prepare Vouchers (payment, receipt, ious etc)
- Ability to Open Ledgers for all Account Heads
- Ability to Create a Journal
- Ability to Test for errors (prepare control accounts & trial balance)
- Ability to Design a sample payroll template on spreadsheet (with full statutory components)
- Ability to Prepare a payroll schedule based on above template
- Ability to Reconcile Cash Ledgers to Bank Statements
- Ability to Verify source documents (e.g receipts) to financial records
- Ability to Prepare a list of risk area: e.g in a cash audit
- Ability to Open a 'control sheet' for receivables and payables
- Ability to Create an Asset Register & Schedule
- Ability to Create a budget template on spreadsheet (pick any budget type)
- Ability to Populate the template with actual and expected results
- Ability to Analyse budget result & variance
- Ability to use spreadsheet and MS power point.
This is a great role to enable you start out a career in any of several paths of your choice as it will give you a good platform to learn, build confidence and test out your skills in a live environment. Career Paths you can specialize in include:
- Account Manager
- Audit Executive
- Finance Analyst
- Internal Control Executive
- Management Consultant
About the JobTrac Placement Program
Employers out there have Jobs that they can't fill, because they find it difficult to reach qualified candidates, yet there are lots of qualified people like you out there who do not know how to connect to these employers.
The JobTrac placement program solves this problem - we work hard to discover qualified young people and connect those with verified competency to readily available Jobs. If you have the competency required for this role, go on and apply. We will connect you to a job.