The Imagine Cup is a skill-based Competition. Open to students around the world, the Imagine Cup Competition seeks to honor the most innovative, ground-breaking and appealing software built with Microsoft tools and technology. The Competition may be structured differently based on the country/region you are representing. Please make sure to read your local country/region competition rules (if applicable) to better understand how to participate in this competition before registering or submitting an entry. If there are any inconsistencies between these Official Rules and your local country/region Competition Rules, these Official Rules will govern.
You are eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at time of entry: • You are at least 16 years of age as of 2 October 2018 and are actively enrolled as a student at an accredited educational institution that grants high-school or college/university (or equivalent) degrees (including home schools) at any time between 25 July 2018 and 31 May 2019; and o If you are considered a minor in your place of residence, then you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Competition.
- You are NOT a resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, and the Region of Crimea; and o U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, and the Region of Crimea. Therefore, residents of these countries/regions are not eligible to participate.
- You/your business has not received external funding more than $50,000 USD; and
- You/your business has not used paid employees assistance in creating an Imagine Cup entry at any time between 25 July 2017 and 31 May 2019; and
- You are not an employee or intern of Microsoft Corporation, or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, at any time between 2 October 2018 and 31 May 2019; and
- You have a valid passport for international travel through July 2019 if you are selected to advance in the competition; and
- You are not involved in any part of the execution or administration of this Competition; and
- You are not an immediate family member of (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, and child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Competition between 25 July 2018 and 31 May 2019.